The proposed indicator estimates peaks and troughs by using rolling maximums/minimums with a window size determining their significance. This window size approach allows us to have an indicator that works with a certain regularity no matter the scale of the price, something the percentage-based approach struggles with.
Additionally, one upper and lower extremity are displayed, highlighting the price point that deviates the most from the lines.
- Length: Determines the significance of the detected peaks and troughs.
- Extend To Last Bar: Extend the most recent line to the most recent closing price value.
- Show Extremities: Displays the extremities.
- Show Labels: Display labels highlighting the high/low prices located at peaks and troughs.
- Upper Extremity Color: Color of the upper extremity displayed by the indicator.
- Zig Zag Color: Color of the lines.
- Lower Extremity Color: Color of the lower extremity displayed by the indicator.
The is commonly used to returns points of references for the usage of specific drawing tools, such as Fibonacci retracements, fans, squares...etc.
A common usage also includes the easy determination of patterns in the price.
The above highlights a down-trending motive wave.
The novel approach taken by this is the addition of two extremities derived from the distance between the price and the line, thus returning channels. It is uncommon seeing extremities in indicators since the line connecting peaks and troughs has rarely any other utility than seeing trend variations with more clarity and is not meant to provide an accurate estimate of underlying local trends in the price.
This channel can be useful to study the potential relationship between underlying trends and the line. A low width between the and the upper extremity indicates price variations mostly located below the while equal width indicates more linear trends.
When the indicator is extended to the last line, the extremities provide potential support and resistances, thus making this indicator able to forecast price variations.
Với tinh thần TradingView, tác giả của tập lệnh này đã xuất bản nó dưới dạng mã nguồn mở, vì vậy các nhà giao dịch có thể hiểu và xác minh nó. Chúc mừng tác giả! Bạn có thể sử dụng mã này miễn phí, nhưng việc sử dụng lại mã này trong một ấn phẩm chịu sự điều chỉnh của Nội quy nội bộ. Bạn có thể yêu thích nó để sử dụng nó trên biểu đồ.