We utilize the Compound Ratio Weighted Average ( CoRa Wave) as the fast MA line and the RedK Slow Smooth (RSS_WMA) aka LazyLine as the slow MA line.
i put this script together when i found that i started using these 2 moving average lines in my trading charts most of the time. thought others may find it useful.
The simple idea is that when the 2 lines "agree" on direction, then this is possibly a confirmed trend in that direction.
Visually, when the 2 lines agree on a trend direction, Magic Ribbon gives either a green (up) or red (down) fill, when they disagree, it gives a gray fill - Gray areas are considered "no trade" or "get ready" zones depending on the situation.
This ribbon can be used to support trend-following trades, swing trading, or as a visual trend tracking tool
Suggested Usage Tips:
* Position entry should be made as close to the RSS_WMA/LazyLine as possible to maximize gain.
* The RSS_WMA can act as a guide for Stop Loss
* An aggressive (or swing) trader may consider entries as soon as the CoRa Wave line changes color, but in context of the prevailing trend.
* if you intend to use this tool for trading, please test it using the PaperTrading or Rewind features of TV to get used to how it behaves and adjust accordingly.
* The Magic Ribbon should work on any timeframe.
* The basic settings are available - they enable adjusting the length and smoothness of the CoRa Wave and the Smoothness of the RSS_WMA - as well as the source price for each. Style settings enable to adjust color, line width, or hide/show various elements as needed.
* The most important tip for using the Magic Ribbon: when you first add it to your chart, is to fine-tune the length settings to your preference. start by adjusting the LazyLine (RSS_WMA) Smoothness value, so it tracks and barely touches the highs / lows of price bars - with the least amount of lag possible - then adjust the CoRa Wave length to make it as responsive as you need. Keep smoothness to the lowest you can use (i like 3 or 4 max) - the default settings are generic usable values based on my testing.
* as usual, please use this tool only as a guide - make your own detailed chart analysis and support your trading decision with signals and confirmations from other indicators .
*** This script does not repaint.
- Clean up code & commentary typo
- Organize Input box into groups
- Add easy option to show/hide Ribbon Fill
- streamlined the input and plot titles
- added a couple of optional moving average line of common MA types - select between SMA, EMA and WMA
- the optional MAs will be hidden by default - default lengths are 50 (purple) and 100 (dark blue) - default type is SMA
- The reason i added these lines to the ribbon is that i usually need to keep an eye on these common MA's that many other traders are watching and reacting to. We can see how they sometimes act as support or resistance in the below sample chart - so instead of adding another indicator (you can use the built-in MA Ribbon indicator in TV), i decided to combine them with the Magic Ribbon for convenience
Với tinh thần TradingView, tác giả của tập lệnh này đã xuất bản nó dưới dạng mã nguồn mở, vì vậy các nhà giao dịch có thể hiểu và xác minh nó. Chúc mừng tác giả! Bạn có thể sử dụng mã này miễn phí, nhưng việc sử dụng lại mã này trong một ấn phẩm chịu sự điều chỉnh của Nội quy nội bộ. Bạn có thể yêu thích nó để sử dụng nó trên biểu đồ.