Fixed a typo in the code where BB multiplier was stuck at 1.5. Thanks @ucsgears for bringing it to my notice.
Updated source: pastebin.com
Use the updated source instead of the what TV shows below.
This is a derivative of John Carter's "TTM Squeeze" volatility indicator, as discussed in his book "Mastering the Trade" (chapter 11).
A Super Trend based on the high and low of a Moving Average, to get an easy view what the current trend is and where to buy and sell.
- The 'Closing Source' option is the candle value that triggers the clouds. 'High/Low System' means that a downtrend is over when the candle LOW closes greater than the downtrend (dark cloud), an uptrend is over when the...
WaveTrend Oscillator is a port of a famous TS/MT indicator. More info: www.youtube.com
When the oscillator is above the overbought band (red lines) and crosses down the signal (dotted line), it is usually a good SELL signal. Similarly, when the oscillator crosses above the signal when below the Oversold band (green lines), it is a good...
This study is based on LazyBear Squeeze Momentum Indicator and my strategy developed using it.
I added some custom feature and filters.
Main improvements are:
1- study is updated to version 4 of pine script;
2- I added alerts for entry rules and exit rules.
3- Alert syntax can be customized for webhooks: I added one example only for long entry.
You can customize...
VFI,introduced by Markos Katsanos, is based on the popular On Balance Volume (OBV) but with three very important modifications:
* Unlike the OBV, indicator values are no longer meaningless. Positive readings are bullish and negative bearish.
* The calculation is based on the day's median (typical price) instead of the closing price.
* A volatility threshold...
This indicator takes market volume and organizes it into wave charts, clearly highlighting inflection points and regions of supply/demand.
Try tuning this for your instrument (Forex not supported) by adjusting the "Trend Detection Length". This "clubs together" minor waves. If you like an oscillator-kind-of display, enable "ShowDistributionBelowZero" option....
Developed by Buff Dormeier, VPCI won 2007 Charles H Dow award by the MTA. VPCI plots the relationship between price trend and the volume, as either being in a state of confirmation or contradiction.
Excerpt from article below:
"Fundamentally, the VPCI reveals the proportional imbalances between price trends and volume-adjusted price
trends. An uptrend...
RSI bands provide an intuitive way of visualizing how the price movement causes RSI to move with in its range (0-100). Upper/Lower bands signify overbought and oversold levels respectively (Default: 70/30, you can customize them via options page). These bands closely match what Constance Brown explains in her book "Technical Analysis for the Trading Professional"....
Another one from Ehlers.
Ehlers likes the idea behind StochRSI so much, he dedicated a full chapter in his book (linked below) on how stoch works with his "superlative" (his words, not mine) indicators. This is stoch of his CG oscillator.
Standard stochastic oscillator uses fixed period for calculations and does not adjust to the constantly changing market...
Edgar Kraut proposed this simple colored volume bars strategy for swing trading.
This is how the colors are determined:
- If today’s closing price and volume are greater than 'n' days ago, color today’s volume bar green.
- If today’s closing price is greater than 'n' days ago but volume is not, color today’s volume bar blue.
- Similarly, if today’s closing...
This is a famous trend indicator in MT4 platform. Is this better than other MA based trend systems? I will let you decide that :)
- Trend mode: This is the default. Draws a trend line (like MA) and colors them based on the trend.
- Ribbon Mode: Shown at the bottom pane. No trend lines are drawn.
- OverlayMode: Bars are colored based on the...
Smoothing methods have lag, and since MACD makes use of moving averages, it usually lags behind price. You cannot eliminate lag completely, but one way of working around this is by adding a component of the price/MA difference back to MA. This technique is called Zero-lag (well, almost). "MACD Leader" makes use of this to form a leading signal to MACD.
Variable Moving Average, often abbreviated as VMA, is an Exponential Moving Average developed by Tushar S. Chande. VMA automatically adjusts its smoothing constant on the basis of Market Volatility.
Use this like other Moving Averages. I have added the following options that can be enabled via options page:
- Trend Direction Indication: Green = Up trend, Blue =...
The DecisionPoint Price Momentum Oscillator (PMO) is an oscillator based on a Rate of Change calculation that is smoothed twice with custom exponential moving averages. Because the PMO is normalized, it can also be used as a relative strength tool.
PMO can be used in many ways:
- PMO can be used to determine the OB/OS state. While the +2.5 to -2.5 is the usual...
This is a 3 EMA visualization tool. Relative momentum across 3 timeframes are rendered as A/B/C waves. Also, helpful in identifying spike/exhaustion bars.
When all the waves are in the same direction, the momentum is very high on that direction. I have made all options configurable, have fun tuning for your instrument :)
Complete list of all my indicators:...
Better Volume Indicator
This is a direct port of a famous indicator from Tradestation platform.
BVI improves on your typical volume histogram by coloring the bars based on 5 criteria:
* Volume Climax Up – high volume, high range, up bars (red)
* Volume Climax Down – high volume, high range, down bars (white)