I would love to know your ideas and thoughts on how this indicator can be improved, so feel free to give any feedback.
Remember to give it a thumbs up if you like it.
- Fixed a bug in RSI (thank you Benjamin!)
- Added a list of future improvements
General info and acknowledgements
Date of publishing: 20th of july 2017
This script is based upon Davinci's davo meter and his original script, which searches for W's and M's in price, OBV, and Willy.
Although the original script is elegant, a W or M has to occur within 5 bars.
This script has removed those limitations.
It took me several different approaches to find a good solution. For the most part because of the lack of any real debugging tool in Pine script.
Let me know what you think, because I feel like I need tone down the number of options so it is easier to use.
If you have any questions, or things you would like to see different please contact me at TRI.
Have fun playing and goofing around with it!
How it works
Now, trading is more of an art form than a science and this indicator is no exception.
When talking about M's and W's, it begs the question: what exactly counts as a W or M?
My personal experience is that for a W to count as such, it has to adhere to the following rules:
1. A 'W' has 5 points, A, B, C, D and E E
2. Point A can be any point C /
3. Point B should be lower than A A / \ /
4. Point C should be higher than B \ / D
5. Point D should be lower than C, but higher than B B
6. Point E should be higher than C
1. A 'M' has 5 points, A, B, C, D and E B
2. Point A can be any point / \ D
3. Point B should be higher than A A \ / \
4. Point C should be lower than B C \
5. Point D should be higher than C, but lower than B E
6. Point E should be lower than C
Script input parameters
You can use the following indicators to search for W's or M's:
- price (close)
For each of these indicators you set the following options:
- Use: whether you want to use it
- The maximum width: over how many bars a W / M is allowed to form
- The maximum offset: how many bars back a W / M is allowed to form
- Strict: when not set, rule 5 (see 'How it works') changes: point D no longer has to be above B (for W), and no longer has to be below B (for M)
- Length: length of the indicator, for example a 14 bar RSI
- Period: you can limit the period for backtesting. Useful to identify under what market conditions the script works best.
- added MFI
- fixed the offset; the offset wasn't working as intended
- tidied up code
- set the default period for "limit period" to 1/7/2017 - 1/1/2019
- added DMI (only DI+ and DI-; ADX is not used)
- Fixed the alert bug which I thought had been fixed in 3.5.1, please use the settings as displayed here: https://imgur.com/a/1rSty7o (I've tested these extensively)
- Changed the clunky 'limit period' option from two dates to a simple past n years
- Renamed 'davo short' and 'davo long' plot text into simply 'davo'
- added entry, stop loss and target (use style options to hide them as desired)
- Added dynamic RLZ
- Fixed alert condition
Với tinh thần TradingView, tác giả của tập lệnh này đã xuất bản nó dưới dạng mã nguồn mở, vì vậy các nhà giao dịch có thể hiểu và xác minh nó. Chúc mừng tác giả! Bạn có thể sử dụng mã này miễn phí, nhưng việc sử dụng lại mã này trong một ấn phẩm chịu sự điều chỉnh của Nội quy nội bộ. Bạn có thể yêu thích nó để sử dụng nó trên biểu đồ.
Thông tin và ấn phẩm không có nghĩa là và không cấu thành, tài chính, đầu tư, kinh doanh, hoặc các loại lời khuyên hoặc khuyến nghị khác được cung cấp hoặc xác nhận bởi TradingView. Đọc thêm trong Điều khoản sử dụng.