ZigZag+ is a simple tool that helps traders to clearly identify and differentiate between macro and internal market structure, to help you keep your bearings of where you are currently in the overall picture.
It is especially difficult to keep your bearings within the larger structural trend when trading the lower timeframes, where for example, a structural trend on a lower timeframe may simply be a retracement of an overall structural trend on a higher timeframe. This indicator primarily aims to help traders maintain awareness of where they are in relationship to the higher timeframe / 'macro' structural trend, and their most significant swing point highs and lows.
The features of this indicator include:
- 2x lines drawn automatically onto your chart. One which has a longer length than the other, which can be used to help identify and differentiate the larger price swings from the smaller price swings found within it. Enabled by default.
- Customisable line color & width settings to help clearly differentiate the higher timeframe 'macro structure' apart from the lower timeframe 'internal structure' within it, enabling it to be tailored to suit your chart colour theme and personal preference.
- Customisable individual length settings for the 2x lines, to allow the fine tuning of each line to any timeframe and asset. By default one lines length is set to a higher value than the other, to illustrate a macro structure (higher length value) as well as the 'internal structure' (lower value length), seen within the larger macro structure.
- Up to a maximum of 500 lines can be drawn meaning you can zoom out considerably, and view historical price action with both lines continuing to print.
- Custom alerts for identifying that can offer optimal entries where they are found within valid price markups or markdowns that are already underway. Further details can be found within the tooltips for these signals.
Note: The above list of features are accurate at the time of publishing, but may be updated or added to in future.
Understanding structure is arguably the foundation of all trading strategies, and therefore very important to understand where you are exactly in the bigger picture, since it can help identify levels at which there is a higher probability of price moving either upward or downward at a given point. Structural trend refers to the typical way that price tends to move in any given trending market, identified by the continuation of higher highs and higher lows in a typical trending market, and lower highs and lower lows in a trending market.
During other times price may not be trending in this way, for example when it is undergoing accumulation or distribution phases, where the consistent higher high & lower low / lower high and lower low patterns will not be evident.
What is Macro Structure?
Macro trend structure refers to the structural trend seen on higher timeframe charts.
What is Internal Structure?
Internal trend structure refers to the structural trend seen on lower timeframe charts, which is found within the higher timeframe structure.
Disclaimer: This indicator is adapted from an original script authored by Tr0sT. With special thanks.
Với tinh thần TradingView, tác giả của tập lệnh này đã xuất bản nó dưới dạng mã nguồn mở, vì vậy các nhà giao dịch có thể hiểu và xác minh nó. Chúc mừng tác giả! Bạn có thể sử dụng mã này miễn phí, nhưng việc sử dụng lại mã này trong một ấn phẩm chịu sự điều chỉnh của Nội quy nội bộ. Bạn có thể yêu thích nó để sử dụng nó trên biểu đồ.
Thông tin và ấn phẩm không có nghĩa là và không cấu thành, tài chính, đầu tư, kinh doanh, hoặc các loại lời khuyên hoặc khuyến nghị khác được cung cấp hoặc xác nhận bởi TradingView. Đọc thêm trong Điều khoản sử dụng.