A study of moving averages that utilizes different tricks I've learned to optimize them. Included is Bollinger Bands, Guppy (GMMA) and Super Guppy.
The method used to make it MtF should be more precise and smoother than regular MtF methods that use the security function. For intraday timeframes, each number represents each hour, with 24 equal to 1 day. For daily,...
CM Super Guppy with Long/Short signals, backtesting, and additional options. Updated for PineScript v4.
Features 2 primary modes, depending on your risk profile. These options are available in the settings:
"Early Signals" ON (default):
Prints a "long" on grey to green transitions AND red to...
- 3 + 12 MAs (12 is chosen because Guppy has 12 MAs)
- MA types can be set to Simple, Exponential, Weighted, and Smoothed
- Volume weight can be applied to all available MAs (the built-in VWMA uses Simple MA)
- It is possible to count in only effective portions of the volume in the equation by using Accum/Dist Volume Weight
- Secondary smoothing (useful...
This is an updated version of script created By ChrisMoody to use Daryl Guppy EMA's.
30-Aug-2017 Revisions by JustUncleL
Added Optional Alert Arrows
Added Alertcondition to generate signals for Alarm Subsystem.
Changed some default colours.
CMs Original script and details can be found here:
This is Guppy MA i customized for myself based on two scripts of GMMA from JustUncleL and NeoButane.
Its features are:
1. Besides standard EMA you can chose all kinds of exotic moving average types ike ALMA (my favorite), HullMA, ZeroLag EMA, VWMA, KAMA etc...
2. Two types of coloring scheme - depends on volatility try one that's best fit.
3. Multiple sets of...
Geometric mean is introduced to the moving averages better capture parabolic, long lasting trends.
Options to plot hlc3 of price, switch off log, and switch to Hull MA.
How to trade Guppy: www.investopedia.com
Original Guppy by ChrisMoody:
Super Guppy by FritzMurphy:...
Based on my previous script "Turtle N Normalized," this script plots the CM SuperGuppy on the value of N to identify changing trends in the volatility of any instrument.
Turtle rules taken from an online PDF:
"The Turtles used a concept that Richard Dennis and Bill Eckhardt called N to represent the underlying volatility of a particular market.
N is simply the...
This indicator is a Super Guppy version of standard Guppy GMMA as used in "CM_GUPPY_EMA Revised R2 by JustUncleL". Guppy MAs are designed to capture the inferred behaviour of traders and investors by using two groups of averages.
In this version of Super Guppy Traders Group of EMAs are:
EMA3 to EMA23 step 2 (Aqua=Uptrend, Blue=downtrend)
and Investors Group...
On request, here is my version of the Guppy GMMA Oscillator (and SuperGuppy Oscillator) to match with my Guppy and Super Guppy indicators.
The Guppy Multiple Moving Average (GMMA) is a technical indicator that displays two sets of moving averages. The first set contains six exponential moving averages that use faster periods to monitor the trading...
Guppy EMA Trend Based Indicator Requested by 2use
1. If Fast and Slow EMA's are ALL in Uptrend. Fast EMA=Aqua Slow EMA's=Green.
2. If Fast And Slow EMA's are ALL in DownTrend. Fast EMA's=Orange Slow EMA's=Red.
3. If Conditions 1 or 2 = False the Color=Silver.
4. If Down Trend Slow EMA's = Resistance.
5. If Up Trend Slow EMA's =...
An implementation of the Guppy Multiple Moving Average, as originally described by Daryl Guppy.
Alert presets have been added for convenience, including
- Price enters investor group
- Price rises over investor group
- Price falls under investor group
- Trader-group rises above Investor group
- Trader-group falls below Investor group
Learn more about...
The Guppy Multiple Moving Average (GMMA) is a technical indicator that identifies changing trends, breakouts, and trading opportunities in the price of an asset by combining two sets of moving averages (MA) with different time periods. There is a short term group of MAs and a long term group of MAs.
One of the biggest differences between...
The Guppy Count Back Line was created by Daryl Guppy and is essentially a trailing stop indicator. I have color coded the indicator to tell you if you should go long or short.
This was a special request so let me know if you would like me to write more scripts for other indicators!
I modified the script of Madrid ,to make a super guppy, the interpretation is the same except that here the super guppy is in linear format. You can still see the pullback and the bullish and bearish trends as with a super guppy! The EMA 200 is placed just above the EMA 70, otherwise it was a big...