I'm building quite a lot of pretty complicated indicators/strategies in Pine Script. Quite often they don't work from the 1 try so I have to debug them heavily.
In Pine Script there are no fancy debuggers so you have to be creative. You can plot values on your screens, check them in the data window, etc.
If you want to display some textual information, you can...
A study of moving averages that utilizes different tricks I've learned to optimize them. Included is Bollinger Bands, Guppy (GMMA) and Super Guppy.
The method used to make it MtF should be more precise and smoother than regular MtF methods that use the security function. For intraday timeframes, each number represents each hour, with 24 equal to 1 day. For daily,...
This indicator is in principle similar to Stochastic Oscillator, but contains the following improvements:
- advanced Ehlers-based smoothing (typically results in earlier signals than regular EMA smoothing)
- graceful degradation when few candles present for improved accuracy in the beginning of the chart
- buy/sell signals based on K-D crossover above/below thresholds
Similar to basic EMA Ribbon indicator except uses log-space transformation. Should be better on very long timeframes and for determining beginning of a bull market. The tradeoff is that it is slower than regular EMA near peaks (regular EMA will outperform this indicator when determining when to sell).
This indicator has two features that make it better than standard SMMA for cryptocurrencies:
- starts from the very first candle
- calculations are performed in log-space which means less sensitivity to extreme volatility common in crypto world
This is the same script as the built-in Ultimate Oscillator except it is calculated in log-space, which may help with some very high-volatility charts (the differences will be usually be very small though).